GENERAL FACILITY RULES
- The Beach, The Sports Cabana and Bermuda’s Grill & Bar (“Facilities”) are organized to provide a recreational, fun and safe social environment.
- EVERYONE WHO ENTERS THE FACILITIES ASSUME ALL RISK AND LIABILITY ASSOCIATED WITH ACTIVITIES AT THE FACILITIES.
- No children should be left unattended or not supervised.
- No outside food or beverages can be brought into the Facility EXCEPT transparent plastic bottles filled with water only. Alcoholic beverages cannot be consumed in the parking lot and any purchased alcoholic beverages are not permitted to leave the Facilities. The Facilities must adhere to TABC laws. Bags or water containers may be checked upon entering and at any time prior to leaving the Facilities.
- No glass containers, aluminum cans, ice chests, coolers or sand toys are allowed in any of the Facilities.
- Use of illegal substances or possession of weapons, explosives or firearms at Facilities, including parking lots and surrounding areas are strictly forbidden.
- Use of skateboards, bicycles, scooters, roller blades, roller skates or hoverboards at Facilities, including parking lots and surrounding areas are prohibited.
- Gambling, smoking and the use of tobacco product is prohibited at the Facilities.
- No climbing fences or standing on, jumping over, or walking on any CMU block, plastic walls, and rails.
- No pets, except service animals assisting those with disabilities.
- Facilities are not responsible for any items lost or stolen in the Facilities, including parking lots and surrounding areas. Also, the Facilities are not responsible for any items left in a locker or left in the care of any employees or staff at the Facilities.
- Outside showers and sand are for player use only. Playing in showers, digging holes, building sand castles or similar modifications, burying yourself or others in sand, throwing rocks in the sand, or throwing sand are strictly prohibited.
- Fighting, stealing, harassing others, either verbally, physically or sexually, or destroying or damaging any part of the Facilities is strictly prohibited. Proper language, etiquette, and courtesy shall be practiced at all times.
- Cars illegally parked in a handicap space or fire lane are subject to towing at the car owner’s expense.
- The Facilities reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone wearing clothing with wording or designs that may be deemed inappropriate. Proper attire including shoes that do not damage the court area must be worn at all times.
- Except with the permission of the applicable Facilities, no person can do any of the following: a) charge fees or solicit anything; b) sell or offer for sale any food, drinks, merchandise or service or conduct any commercial business activities of any kind; and/or c) post, display, distribute or erect any advertising, notice, billboard, paper or other advertising device, information or materials.
- Practicing and warm up shall be done on your assigned court only. No practicing or warm up on or around concrete walkways, area surrounding the court or parking lot. Practicing and warm up shall be done in designated areas only.
- Upon entering any of the Facilities, a person consents to video monitoring.
- Tents and shade canopies are allowed outdoors at The Beach only but cannot exceed 10′ x 10′ and may not be staked in the ground.
- Chairs may be brought in The Sports Cabana or The Beach as long as the legs have a rubber bottom as to not mark up the floor, sidewalks or damage the grass.
- Due care must be taken when dealing with anyone who is bleeding or has an open wound in order to avoid potentially contracting blood-borne diseases. Anyone who is bleeding or who has blood on his/her clothing must stop playing and inform Sports Resort staff and resume play only after appropriate treatment has been administered. Any residual blood must be properly cleaned up prior to the recommencement of play.
- These Rules and Regulations are subject to change at any time in the sole discretion of Sports Resort
- VIOLATORS OF RULES AND REGULATIONS MAY BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE PREMISES.
LIGHTNING POLICY FOR OUTDOOR EVENTS
To provide a safe environment, The Beach has established guidelines and procedures for inclement weather. Lightning is a hazard that must be taken seriously by everyone. However, even when the skies look relatively clear, a lightning strike can still occur. This policy serves to inform everyone at The Beach of the guidelines to utilize when thunderstorms approach, as follows:
- Thunder and lightning necessitates that all play of whatever nature must be suspended everywhere on The Beach property.
- If an event is being run by an outside third party, a plan for shelter should be discussed and explained by such third party prior to the start of any event.
- Everyone should immediately seek shelter inside the building or in a vehicle anytime they believe lightning threatens them even if they are not instructed to do so.
When thunder is heard and/or when lightning is seen, the following procedures should be adhered to:
- You must suspend play. All participants and spectators should go inside the building or inside a vehicle with a solid metal top (e.g. bus, van, car).
- Do not stand under or near a tree. Stay away from poles, metal fencing, high places, open areas, overhead wires, power lines, telephones and cellular phones, radios, golf carts, any standing water, antennas, and underground watering systems.
- After thunder and/or lightning have left the area, wait approximately 30 minutes after the last boom is heard or strike is seen before resuming play or competition.
The Beach provides very limited shelter from thunder and lightning. Everyone who enters The Beach needs to have a vehicle available to seek shelter. Parents are responsible for the safety of their minor children even when left unattended so Parents are encouraged to stay with their children at The Beach. Parents must discuss this policy with the child and make him or her aware of what vehicle will be available to seek shelter in the absence of the parent.
WEATHER IS AN INHERENT RISK OF ACTIVITIES AT THE BEACH. ANYONE AT THE BEACH ASSUMES ALL RISK AND LIABILITY ASSOCIATED THEREWITH.
Thanks for your cooperation and helping to put safety first.